Author Topic: classic bike show  (Read 593 times)

Offline rockycoyote

• Biking King
  • keep the rubber side down
classic bike show
« on: 16 October, 2016, 22:08:20 »
back from the classic bike show so i thought id post a few pics of the best of them . star of the show for me had to be the late great Mr sheenes bikes flown in from Australia .

Offline choppsie

• Biking King
    • Our place in the sun
Re: classic bike show
« Reply #1 on: 17 October, 2016, 08:55:16 »
Nice post Rocky,

Looks like it was a good show though now sure about the purple Yamaha the other bikes look mint :thumbsup2

Offline biker

• Global Moderator
  • Biking King
« Reply #2 on: 17 October, 2016, 10:22:48 »
Some lovely bikes there but I'm with Choppsie on the purple Yamaha, that is just wrong......  :thumbsdown

Is it just me and I sign of getting old, but I struggle to think of most of those bikes as classics. How can they be, they are the bikes I was riding a "couple" of years back.
Classic bikes are the likes of Gold Stars and Manx Nortons....... lol
Move on be brave don?t weep at my grave because I?m no longer here, but please never let your memories of me disappear.

The Spirit Carries On. Dream Theatre

Offline choppsie

• Biking King
    • Our place in the sun
« Reply #3 on: 17 October, 2016, 10:54:20 »
To the young un's on here Biker they may seem classics.

I was brought up around these bikes and as you say they are still pretty current bikes compared to the Manx Norton's, the early cafe racers of the 100 club etc

Offline bobdylan

• Biking King
« Reply #4 on: 17 October, 2016, 15:07:48 »
Great pics!! Thanks for posting ;)
dont clean, just ride

Offline rockycoyote

• Biking King
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #5 on: 17 October, 2016, 21:22:07 »
i didnt think the show was worth the ?14 entry fee it was more like a huge auto jumble sale with a few bikes on show there was some old brit bikes on show but there not really my thing triumph bonies and alike are cool but the really old stuff is not . food prices were day light robbery aswell ?5 for a pastie ?3 for very small chips and ?2 for a cup of tea . but getting to see barry sheene actual race bikes made it worth it.

Offline bobdylan

• Biking King
« Reply #6 on: 18 October, 2016, 11:29:51 »
Those prices are ridiculous!! I so hate the "rip off" mentality that seems all too prevalent these days >:(
dont clean, just ride