Author Topic: Future trips - Planned or Unplanned  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Serrisan

• Biking King
Future trips - Planned or Unplanned
« on: 12 March, 2010, 13:02:39 »
Hi,

I thought it would be a good idea to share some ideas for future trips (ie where we want to go) and then members can actually coordinate to meet up and journey together... I know this might seem a bit rich from a guy that hasn't bought his bike yet but a man can dream, can't he?

For the time being my dreams are pretty low key... the routes I want to go on are:
a) Drive to the Isle of Mann - Yeah I know it's a cliche
b) Shetland isles via a ride through Scotland... I don't know why but the idea of islands in the middle of nowhere really appeals to me. Plus being mediterranean, the north really has got a big pull on me
c) Millau Bridge - I must confess this has been my dream ever since I saw that Top Gear episode with the supercars, driving through France... That and the fact I have a thing for bridges... Driving over them in a car still gives me tingles, I can only imagine what riding would do...

Clearly Germany/ Austria etc are on the map as well for the future but I need to get a few miles under my belt before trying these (and tbh any of the above)

I also remember reading a motorbike magazine a few years back (whilst on a greek island holidaying) that said that S. Africa has the best roads for riding (in terms of design of the actual road)... a trip too far possibly?

Offline gisser ride

Re: Future trips - Planned or Unplanned
« Reply #1 on: 16 April, 2010, 22:34:38 »
i am off to the millau mid june then down to s of france switz etc, any one fancy coming???

Offline Serrisan

• Biking King
« Reply #2 on: 18 April, 2010, 16:29:18 »
I would have said yes though I don't know if I'll be ready... :) Last minute it might happen though! :)

Offline BanditMat

• Biking King
  • Labrador. noun. a large dog
« Reply #3 on: 18 April, 2010, 19:26:16 »
Going to Silverstone World Superbikes at the beginning of August, but not on the bikes.
Going to Jersey on the bikes with my sons, probably late August.
Soz, nothing very exciting :(3

Offline SuperDude

• Be Safe, Be Free and Ride Like the Wind
« Reply #4 on: 18 April, 2010, 20:30:35 »
i am off to the millau mid june then down to s of france switz etc, any one fancy coming???
well i live in switzerland, let me know when you are around and where exactly you intend to ride and i may join you ;)
"...Be Safe, Be Free and Ride Like the Wind..."

Offline gisser ride

« Reply #5 on: 19 April, 2010, 14:23:39 »
Hi gsr superdude, i will be at millau for the 18th june, cannes 19th, then heading up towards the alps, i would love to do the dolomites, but not knowing routes etc, i am unsure if i would be able to manage this part. Do you have any favourite routes at all in the areas?, accomodation would be formule 1 in france, do they cover switzerland at all?. Leicensteien is very high on the list. Cheers, Gisser.

Offline SuperDude

• Be Safe, Be Free and Ride Like the Wind
« Reply #6 on: 20 April, 2010, 13:28:30 »
Hi gsr superdude, i will be at millau for the 18th june, cannes 19th, then heading up towards the alps, i would love to do the dolomites, but not knowing routes etc, i am unsure if i would be able to manage this part. Do you have any favourite routes at all in the areas?, accomodation would be formule 1 in france, do they cover switzerland at all?. Leicensteien is very high on the list. Cheers, Gisser.
Hey,
if you are around here the alps and particularly the dolomites are a must :)
dont know many routes yet, but i'm sure i can find out
i will check about formule 1, never seen any where i am, it could well be that they are around the french part, i live in the german part of switzerland
"...Be Safe, Be Free and Ride Like the Wind..."

Offline Roadrunner

• Biking King
  • Lovely Jubley..!
« Reply #7 on: 20 April, 2010, 20:04:14 »
Going to Silverstone World Superbikes at the beginning of August, but not on the bikes.
:(3

Might see you there, I'm sorta considering going, weather permitting  :thumbsup3.

Offline cleve14aguil

« Reply #8 on: 03 March, 2011, 06:54:38 »
What are your plans for this year's trip??

Offline Jaime

• Biking King
« Reply #9 on: 03 March, 2011, 08:32:34 »
KENDAL IN APRIL!!!!!
Search the threads. Not much space left now :)

Offline choppsie

• Biking King
    • Our place in the sun
« Reply #10 on: 03 March, 2011, 08:48:10 »
Portugal via Santander - September

I have a small place in the South so me and a couple of mates are going to try some of the mountain roads while heading South and then a few days on the beach before trying a different route back.

Will post pictures and put ina write-up together with any good roads we find :)

Offline Serrisan

• Biking King
« Reply #11 on: 03 March, 2011, 09:07:27 »
I've kind of realised that I can't plan anything...

Offline sporty

« Reply #12 on: 16 March, 2011, 07:46:17 »
We plan a trip along the costa brava nearby barcelona in spain from april 23.. has anybody already beenthere? i am looking for a place we can stay with our car and bike for the nights.

Offline Mikevymo

Future trips Planned or Unplanned
« Reply #13 on: 12 October, 2017, 02:08:07 »
Im heading to Darwin in November for work and was wondering if any AKFFers had any trips planned in Nov so I could possibly hook up and say gday. Al
I trust mt5 expert advisor for profitable investments