Author Topic: Iphone 5S  (Read 3093 times)

Offline sheldimus

• Biking King
  • If something is hard to do, it's not worth doing.
Iphone 5S
« on: 04 September, 2013, 09:17:43 »
So Apple have just sent out invites for an event next Tuesday.
Apparently now coming in a whole range of colours besides either black or white, a fingerprint scanner and a 12-13 megapixel camera.
Also potentially a cheaper Iphone 5C with less kit on it.

Besides the gimmicky fingerprint do-hicky, I can't help thinking that Apple are basically just giving us what all the other phone manufacturers already have. A few years ago.. :-\

Thoughts??  ;)
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.
Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?!

Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail..

Offline Owenski

Re: Iphone 5S
« Reply #1 on: 04 September, 2013, 10:31:26 »
I jumped the apple ship earlier this year.
For 3 generations of phone I've been in the "i'll stay with apple, they say the next handset will have everything..."
Only for them to release it and it fall far short of their promise. This year enough was enough, they brought out the 5 and I thought "Well where is x, y and z features we were promised... oh there they are they're on the galaxy S4" So I took the android switch, completely painless and cant fault the phone.

I still will check out the 5S though just to see whats coming.

Offline sheldimus

• Biking King
« Reply #2 on: 04 September, 2013, 11:07:47 »
I'm still sticking with my Iphone 4. The 4S was barely different and the 5 was just barely bigger.
I'm well overdue an upgrade so will be checking this out. But if it's open wallet surgery they're after in typical Apple style, then they can fudge right off!  >:( ;)
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.

Offline rockycoyote

• Biking King
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #3 on: 04 September, 2013, 21:56:39 »
happy with my nokia windows phone great phone and awesome sat nav never liked any of the i phones always thought they were overrated .

Offline Jaime

• Biking King
« Reply #4 on: 05 September, 2013, 07:07:52 »
I got an iPhone 3 for work, a 4 for home and just got a 5 for work. I only paid for the 4 :)
Next phone won't have a camera :P
Seriously. My ?20 Nokia in my drawer was the best phone ever! Still got it and love it. When I used it, I had so much time in my day for things that mattered and never checked my phone at the table :)

Offline mythic

• Mythic GSR 600 ABS K8
« Reply #5 on: 05 September, 2013, 12:25:19 »
i have the new HTC i got it not because it was a brand but because it did what i wanted and its made out of metal not plastic. I use phones as a tool only and not as some kind of status symbol. The HTC allows me to make and recive calls check my email and check stuff on the internet when needed. The GPS is handy when i get lost or cant find some place and thats what i use it for. As for all the other bits and bobs i can take them or leave them. I have an apple ipad that i use on stage to remind me of the words and chords to songs when i forget. its an ok size it does what i want and the scrolling was slightly better hence i got an apple other than that i wouldnt care what technology i use to meet my needs as long as it works for me.
Mythic if you need to ask then its a worthwhile question. However you may not like the answer

Offline DonnyRed

« Reply #6 on: 06 September, 2013, 12:39:38 »
I am a self-confessed apple nut! (not a pip!)

Started with iPhone 3, wasn't sure so went back to samsung galaxy after 2 years.  Hated it, could wait to get back to apple, so sold the galaxy and used the 3 for 2 more years.  I've now got the iPhone 5.  I find them much easier and better to use than the samsung equivalents.

Partner has the galaxy s3 (i think) can't stand it, she'll be on iPhone after this contract as well.

So have apple got me by the short and curlies?
Seems that way, I've now got iPhone 3, iPhone 5, iPad3 and about to invest in a macbook!

This has become an expensive addiction!! :o
Only dogs who stick their heads out really know why

Offline sheldimus

• Biking King
« Reply #7 on: 06 September, 2013, 15:43:21 »
I have to admit that I am an Apple fan.
Of their products, not so much their prices.. ;)

After jumping to the iPhone i've never even considered swapping it. It just does everything I want it to do, and well. And it's never let me down in all the years that i've had it.
I'd also get an iPad just for general net browsing purposes but can't justify the price for what is essentially a novelty item.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the new iOS, just to see what's changed. I've seen the reviews and heard all the talk but there's nothing quite like actually having a play with it yourself.  :o ;)

Offline RamonVot

• marymotherofhope
Iphone 5S
« Reply #8 on: 24 September, 2018, 20:07:55 »
Thanks for that Adam, will a purchased sync module work and keep both iPad and iPhone synced having done that procedure? Or is this just for transferring the data to my new device?