Author Topic: Dry roundabouts!  (Read 424 times)

Offline NW Sparky

Dry roundabouts!
« on: 27 January, 2014, 18:08:31 »
After a soggy weekend it was frustrating to see the sun out this morning! I had a gap in jobs around lunch so shot home and used the bike for a run to the wholesalers, I took the industrial route through many roundabouts which were all bone dry! Most fun I've had on the gsr since I got it. Glad I got it in before the white stuff... ???

Offline sheldimus

• Biking King
  • If something is hard to do, it's not worth doing.
Re: Dry roundabouts!
« Reply #1 on: 28 January, 2014, 09:28:28 »
Do you mean literally through the roundabouts? As in the lanes designated for HGV's that are too long to make the turn?
Don't they usually have barriers at both ends? Also, what's the legality around this?
Thousand questions, right there!  ;)

Aside from all that, nicely done! I reckon it'll be August before I get out again!  :'(
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.
Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?!

Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail..

Offline NW Sparky

Re: Dry roundabouts!
« Reply #2 on: 28 January, 2014, 18:58:29 »
Do you mean literally through the roundabouts? As in the lanes designated for HGV's that are too long to make the turn?
Don't they usually have barriers at both ends? Also, what's the legality around this?
Thousand questions, right there!  ;)

Aside from all that, nicely done! I reckon it'll be August before I get out again!  :'(

Not literally ha, just through the route, I wasn't gettin my knee down but I did lean a bit once or twice :D
Any chance I get I'm out now till frosty the snowman stops play...